Tuesday, December 26, 2017

McMeatLoaf Chaos Warlord of the Wastes

 Hearkening back to Steppenwolf....I wanted to make a new character for the Goonies.  Then the other day I was painting a mini that reminded me of Meatloaf....no the singer.  And I thought oh shit why not do an 80s metal character, and then for some reason highlander stuck in my head...."there can be only one......"i was born in the highlands of Scotland"



So I settled on the name McMeatloaf  born on the vastness of the chaos wastes and sent to Graveskul as an ally to Vasken.



 So M8's, my plan for him at the moment is to either hangout with Vasken on the battlefield, or lead the back rank of the Heartbreakers. 



The first pic is the mini that started all this nonsense, then the middle pic was an early inspiration, and then the third pic is my final inspiration.  I have a plan!  Now let's get building. ;)














 


 I painted the tartan to link Highlander, I was also going to try and mount a plastic giant bat as a saddle back, but I couldn't get it to work.

Here he is leading his squadron into battle!  What a beast!  I can't wait to get him stuck on the battlefield.


If you would like to read about some other Highlander talk read these old posts from some pretty cool dudes. 

Cheetor, Asslessman, and Whiskey Priest

If you have your own or know of any others do share in the comments below and I will add them as a link to the post. ;)





12 comments:

  1. Everytime I see the pictures from the rear, I think he was modeled after Sir Mix-a-lot and not Meatloaf, cause he's got back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how the Goonies come from countless different sources to make a cohesive whole.
    Meatloaf is a perfect case in point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clan McMeatloaf, beautiful. Does he have a Texan accent, or an unconvincing Scottish one?

    More than one Witch Elf over the years has been a Dead Ringer for Cher... I'm just saying.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking the unconvincing Scottish accent would be moawr comical. However McmEatloaf and Not Cher battling it out in a dusty honky tonk.....that has a comic report written all over it. ;)

      Delete
  4. Cracking work! Didn't realise this was so much work resculpting and extensive repurposing of Knights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curis. I guess that means I'm getting better at sculpting. ;) I did make a huge mistake on the sculpted axe. I should have put a pin through it. It's a little bendy if you grab it the wrong way. Oh well lesson learned. I'm totes happy with the results though.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic! I like it even more now that I've seen the steps to create this dude. Very impressive job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean! There can be only one, but I won't do that! ;)

      Delete